Woohoo! I'm published!!
Dorky, I know, but one of my reviews made it into the monthly library newsletter! I know, I know... like I said, it's dorky for me to be excited. But I never said that I wasn't a dork. I'm a librarian. It's my nature. Anyway, here's the review in all it's glory:

Crazy Beautiful by Lauren Baratz-Logsted

Lucius Wolfe is learning to adapt since he lost both of his hands in an accident. However, having steel hooks where his hands used to be has made him a social outcast. Starting a new school doesn’t help the situation. His arrogant personality doesn’t help, but it’s the only defense he has against other students who harass him with names like “crip” and “hooks.” Aurora, a beautiful girl at school, is the only student who even attempts to be kind to Lucius.

The story is told by both Lucius and Aurora as they share their different points of view. Eventually, Aurora helps Lucius to open up and try something new, becoming the stage manager for the school play. It isn’t long before they begin to date, but will Aurora stick around when she finds out the truth about how Lucius lost his hands? And will their feelings for each other be enough when others try to tear them apart?

-Rachel
0 Responses

Post a Comment